GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS WHEN RENTING A HOLIDAY HOME
- Immo Europe only accepts bookings from people over the age of 18. The adult must be present during the entire stay.
- Immo Europe reserves the right to decline a booking at any time, without having to give a reason.
- Bookings will be confirmed digitally within 5 working days of receipt along with an invitation to pay the deposit. If no email address is available, the booking will be confirmed by post.
- The guest is responsible for checking the accuracy of the confirmation. Any inaccuracies or alleged inaccuracies must be reported to Immo Europe in writing (by email or post) within 10 days of receipt of confirmation.
- Still haven’t received confirmation 10 days after booking? Contact us immediately, by phone on 058/533 999 or by email at email@example.com
- Bookings are only final after the deposit is received. More information about this under section 6 of these terms and conditions.
2 Long-term bookings / pre-bookings
- Pre-bookings are made when rental terms and availabilities are not known yet. Pre-bookings will be confirmed within 10 days. An administration fee of € 25.00 will be charged.
- As soon as the precise rental terms and available periods are known, they will be confirmed to the tenant. If the requested holiday home is not available for the pre-booked period, or if there is a price increase, an alternative will be proposed.
- Pre-booking is entirely without obligation until after payment of the deposit. The € 25.00 administration fee previously charged will be deducted from the initial deposit or the administration fee will be refunded if the tenant does not rent a holiday home from Immo Europe.
- Prices displayed on www.koksijdeholiday.be may sometimes differ from the price actually applicable at the time of booking. Some items included in the price are periodically reviewed such as (but not limited to) energy costs, final cleaning, etc.
- Immo Europe reserves the right to change prices and/or add a surcharge. Immo Europe also reserves the right to alter discount schemes. At the time of booking, the current price will be confirmed.
- The price stated on the confirmation notification is binding. Price discounts and/or special offers can no longer be applied after confirmation is received.
4 What’s included and what’s not included
4 a Included in the price
- Cold water consumption
- Glass and fire insurance
- Energy consumption from the first Friday of the Easter holidays up to and including the last Friday of September
- Booking fee
- Administrative costs
4 b Not included in the price
- Final cleaning of the property, which must be carried out by Immo Europe (see separate entry on your confirmation and in the description of the property)
- Final cleaning at the request of the tenant, bed linen, towels, cot, high chair, parking card or other services added during the booking procedure.
- Final cleaning does not include:
- Dish washing
- Cleaning electric appliances in the kitchen
- Rubbish disposal
- Picking up and returning rented linen
- Final cleaning does not include:
- Energy consumption from the last Friday of September to the first Friday of the Easter holidays
- Cancellation and/or travel assistance insurance
- Consumption above allocated internet capacity
- Security deposit
4 c Different terms and conditions apply to All Inclusive bookings.
Equipment and services provided under All Inclusive bookings differ from standard bookings.
Pets may only be brought with the written permission of the owner. See description of the holiday home.
There is a € 10.00 surcharge for cleaning.
- For booking amounts above € 150.00 a deposit of 50% with a minimum of € 150.00 is required within 8 days of booking.
- The balance must be received by the rental agency at least 30 days before arrival.
- For booking amounts up to € 150.00 the full amount must be paid immediately.
- Last minute bookings, booked 14 days or less before arrival, must be settled immediately via the online payment platform.
The deposit serves as booking confirmation and as acceptance of the amounts stated on the booking form, i.e., rental, security deposit and mandatory or voluntarily reserved extra services, such as (but not limited to) cancellation insurance, bed and bath linen, final cleaning, children’s furniture, etc.
- In the event of late or incomplete payment of the rent, you will be in default. The rental agency will send a reminder 2 days before the due date of the deposit and of the balance payment.
- If the deposit has not been received by the rental agency within 3 days after the due date, the latter is entitled to unilaterally terminate the agreement.
If the balance is not paid, the tenant shall nevertheless remain responsible for it. The tenant remains liable for all costs and damages that the rental agency and the owner suffer or may suffer as a result. Amounts already paid will be set off against the termination fee.
What is our termination fee?
- If the tenant does not take possession of the holiday home, he or she may give written permission to the rental agency to re-let the property on his or her behalf after payment of the balance.
- A re-letting fee of 20% of the rent (without any security deposit or extras) will be payable by the tenant if the accommodation can be re-let.
- 30 days after the scheduled departure date, the rental agency will issue the tenant with a statement and refund any amounts due.
- The tenant may also find another tenant him or herself and is obliged to inform the rental agency of the full identity of the new tenant (guest) before the start of the rental period. In this case, no fee is due to the rental agency. All financial compensation must be arranged between the guests/tenants.
The security deposit will be refunded to the tenant at the latest 60 days after departure. Costs such as energy consumption, possible costs for final cleaning or repairs and outstanding extras during the stay will be deducted from the security deposit.
7 Fee for changes
- The rental agency is not required to accept changes to the booking that are requested after the booking has been made. It is the free choice of the rental agency and the owner of the holiday home whether or not to accept these changes. For each change, the rental agency can charge a fee of € 25.00.
- Adding extras or changing dates to a more expensive period are not considered as changes.
- Changes or cancellations can be made free of charge within 10 days of booking and on condition that the deposit has not been paid.
- If the balance/deposit has already been paid, the booking can only be cancelled in accordance with the applicable cancellation provisions (articles 8 & 9).
In the event of cancellation, the following provisions and possibilities apply.
Possibility of taking out cancellation insurance through our partner Protections (part of Touring group). Check under the heading “Cancellation” on our website under “Frequently Asked Questions” for the terms and conditions. Cancellation insurance can only be taken out until the 10th of the month following the booking date.
Taking out your own cancellation insurance. Check the cancellation terms and conditions with your insurance broker.
When no cancellation insurance has been taken out or the reason for cancelling is not covered by the cancellation insurance taken out, the balance remains due as explained under 6 d & 6 e.
In order to reduce cancellation costs as much as possible, the holiday home may be re-let as soon as possible. This requires written permission (letter or email) from the guest. For cancellation of a holiday home that is covered by a Protections cancellation insurance policy, the holiday home is automatically made available for re-letting without the written consent of the guest. See 6d.
9 COVID-19 related cancellations
On 11 March, the World Health Organisation (WHO) officially recognised the corona virus outbreak (COVID-19) as a global pandemic. From that day onwards, COVID-19 and its consequences are no longer considered to be unforeseen or unexpected.
- Bookings made on or before 16 March 2020
- can be cancelled before arrival. This means that guests who cancel according to the terms and conditions will receive travel credit for the amount paid in the form of a voucher.
- Bookings made after 16 March 2020
- cannot be cancelled due to COVID-19 related circumstances.
- These COVID-19 related circumstances include: transport disruptions and cancellations, travel advice and restrictions, health advice and quarantine, changes in applicable legislation and other government measures such as evacuations, border closures, a ban on short-term rentals and the requirement to stay indoors. The ordinary cancellation terms and conditions as explained under 8 apply.
- Cancellation insurance: See under 8
- Fire insurance: glass and fire insurance is included with every booking. Notify the rental agency of fire damage and/or glass breakage during your stay. Scorch marks are not covered by fire insurance.
11 Arrival and departure
- Prior to arrival, each tenant will be informed of the arrival procedure by email. Upon arrival, hand over the printed or scanned booking form and you will be given the keys to the holiday home. Check-in is possible from 3pm* to 6pm. Arrival after 6pm is only possible on arrangement and on condition that the balance has been received by the rental agency before arrival.
- Don’t have an email address? The information will be sent by post.
- On the day of departure, the holiday home must be vacated by 10am at the latest.
- Should guests have to leave unexpectedly outside opening hours, the keys of the holiday home can be deposited in the rental agency letterbox.
*The rental agency is under no circumstances obliged to pay any compensation if access to the holiday home cannot be granted at 3pm because the inspection and final cleaning have not yet been carried out.
12 House rules
- Every holiday home contains an information folder with the rules that must be complied with. The house rules are also displayed in the common areas of a multi-family residence.
- Tenants are required to treat the contents of the holiday home with due care and attention. On arrival, the rental agency requires tenants to carry out a thorough inspection of the furniture, fixtures and fittings and the written kitchen inventory (if any) of the holiday home and to report any damage/missing items immediately to the rental agency (by email, telephone, in the office).
- If after departure damage to the furniture, fixtures and fittings is found, or items are missing based on the kitchen inventory, repair and replacement costs will be deducted from the deposit.
- Furniture may not be moved. If furniture has to be returned to its original position after departure, a fixed fee of € 150.00 will be charged.
- If unintentional damage is caused to the contents of the holiday home, the rental agency must be informed immediately so that a joint solution can be reached.
- Technical problems must be reported immediately so that they can be resolved.
- Advertising panels may not be removed during the stay.
- Visits by the rental agency between 10am and 5pm, subject to prior notice, may not be refused.
- Smoking is prohibited in all holiday homes.
13 Force majeure
Force majeure on the part of the rental agency shall apply if performance of the agreement is wholly or partly, temporarily or otherwise, prevented by circumstances beyond the control of the rental agency such as war risk, personnel strike, blockades, fire, floods and other malfunctions or events.
The rental agency cannot be held liable for:
- Theft, loss or damage of any kind during or as a result of a stay in one of the holiday homes.
- Defects / breakdowns of technical equipment in the holiday home.
- Malfunctions such as lift breakdowns, failure of collective utilities in the building, renovation works in nearby buildings or residential units in the same building as the holiday home, road works, work on general utilities (water, gas, electricity, Internet, television network).
- The guest and those accompanying him/her are jointly and severally liable for any loss and/or damage arising as a direct or indirect consequence of the stay, irrespective of whether this was caused by acts or omissions of themselves or third parties who are also in the holiday home, as well as any damage caused by an animal in their possession.
- The number of persons who may occupy the holiday home is determined formally in the description of the holiday home on the website. Failure to comply with this limit shall result in the immediate termination of the agreement between the rental agency and the guest without financial compensation.
- If the holiday home is not used appropriately or returned in an inappropriate condition, additional (cleaning) costs may be charged.
In the event of a double booking by the rental agency or the owner, the rental agency will reimburse the guest the amounts paid plus fixed compensation of € 200.00. The rental agency may suggest an alternative holiday home if available.
Immo Europe is available 24 hours a day for urgent problems (no hot water, no heating, blockages or leaks, no electricity). Other technical problems are dealt with during office hours. It is possible that on Sundays and public holidays, no repair service will be available. In this case, the necessary steps will be taken the next working day.
Notwithstanding all of the measures taken by the rental agency, there may be cause for complaint. An employee of the holiday rental service must be given the opportunity to assess this complaint directly and on the spot, in order to enable the rental agency to attempt to resolve it immediately.
Complaints relating to cleanliness will only be accepted on the day of arrival and provided that the rental agency has been able to establish and rectify the problem by sending a cleaning service. Under no circumstances will the tenant be given financial compensation for cleaning the holiday home personally.
Financial compensation will never be paid for complaints that are only reported on the day of departure.
The rental agency is under no circumstances obliged to pay any compensation if technical defects are not reported in time and/or the repair service is not given access to the holiday home to carry out the repair.
If the complaint has not been settled satisfactorily, the guest has, up to 1 month after departure from the holiday home, at the latest, the opportunity to report this in writing via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Immo Europe, for the attention of the holiday rental responsible, Zeelaan 212, B-8670 Koksijde.
16 Toerisme Vlaanderen (Flanders Tourism)
Toerisme Vlaanderen is the competent authority that grants licences and where further information can be obtained on the regulations governing the operation of tourist accommodation and the legal remedies generally available in the event of disputes and where tourists can lodge a complaint (Toerisme Vlaanderen, Vakantiewoningen, Grasmarkt 61, 1000 Brussels, Tel +3225040300, email@example.com).